2017 Kick Start Competition
Kick start your 2017 academic year with a R1000 voucher from Takealot!
The Students Hub Kick Start competition runs every year from December to mid January. The lucky winner will receive a R1000 Takealot voucher that can be used to purchase study essentials.
2017 Winner: Neville Jones
Institution: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Government must subsidize students who do not have the means to pay. This means that these students need to obtain marks of +80% in matric for first years. These are the guys that will drive the economy.
Private companies should make more bursaries available to students who want to study in fields related to their business.
Student loans should given to all students who’s parents earn below a certain threshold for the first year. For students to uphold the loan agreement, students need to obtain marks of +70%.
Fees must not fall. Neither should our level of education. Instead, building a bridge between government and the tertiary institutions where the two can meet financially, would greatly benefit all. Even the economy.
FET training colleges should be free of charge. The level of education compared to university is kilometers apart. If fees fall, our level of education and our level of thinking will follow.
Who can enter?
Any South African student enrolled to study at any tertiary institution (university, college or technikon) for 2017.
How to enter
- Please read the rules to ensure that you are allowed to enter
- Fill out the entry form on this page
- Follow us on Facebook for updates on the competition.
- Please note that you will be required to prove that you are actually enrolled and that you are a South African citizen if you win.
- The winner will be person that provided the best answer to the #FeesMustFall question.
- Entries are open until 12 noon on the 14th of January 2017
- The winner will be announced at our Facebook page on the 21st of January 2017
- Only one entry per person is allowed
- The judges’ decision is final and no further correspondence will be allowed.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The winner accepts the prize at own risk.
- Students Hub cannot be held responsible for any loss, injury or accident due to acceptance or usage of the prize.
- By entering the competition, entrants automatically agree to all the competition rules.
- Students Hub and sponsors reserve the right to cancel the competition if conditions arise outside their control or if deemed necessary without any liability whatsoever.
- The winner may be required to have their name and photo listed on our website and social accounts.